Attending a BCBS Course
A confirmation letter with further course details will be sent by email or postal mail once your registration has been processed. In the meantime, here are a few helpful details:
- Course cost, as listed on our website, includes tuition, lodging and meals. A modest teacher donation (dana) is customary but not required.
- ONE DAY COURSES: begin at 8:30am with check-in. The course formally begins at 9:30am. Lunch and afternoon tea provided. Day ends at 4:30 or 5:00pm. Please register in advance to reserve your place.
- WEEKEND OR LONGER COURSES: begin at 4:00pm on the opening evening with check-in in the Farmhouse front office. Dinner served at 6:00pm. Courses formally open at 7:30pm. Most courses end with lunch on the closing day.
- Additional overnight: rooms are available the night immediately before or after a course for $40/night. Includes a self-serve breakfast.
- Dharma Hall rooms are singles with shared baths. Each room has a sink and mirror. Cottages and Farmhouse rooms are doubles. Rooms are assigned at the discretion of the Center, unless there is a specific medical need. Rooms come with two pillows, mattress cover, heavy comforter, and a light blanket.
- Students bring their own twin sheets, pillowcases, towels, and toiletries.
- If on-campus housing is full, students may stay at local B&Bs (a list is provided). Course cost is reduced to make local stay more affordable.
- The Dharma Hall has chairs and meditation cushions.
- The Farmhouse and Dharma Hall are handicap accessible.
- Meals are vegetarian. Coffee, tea, breads and fruit are available at all times.
- BCBS is 1½ hours west of Boston, 3½ hours north of New York City, 1½ hours north of Hartford, and 30 min northwest of Worcester. Click here for directions and transportation information.
- A public telephone for calling cards is available. Verizon and AT&T have local cell phone towers.
- A computer with Internet, as well as a wireless connection, are available in the Farmhouse.