Director of Studies
BCBS is seeking a Director of Studies to work as part of a team to help vision, create, manage, and teach an integrated program that combines onsite programming, online courses, publications, and online resources to support a growing community of students. We are seeking someone aware of the contemporary Buddhist landscape and interested in finding new and creative ways for sincere practitioners to investigate their relationship to practice, textual study, and their daily lives. This is an exciting opportunity to have an active role visioning the next chapter for BCBS and shaping Western Dharma. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Develop a curriculum, programs, and resources that offer textual understanding relevant for people’s lives and practice.
- Teach both on-site and online courses.
- Oversee our online publication Insight Journal and expand its reach and potential.
- Serve as a collaborative team member in all aspects of what we do.
- Develop relationships with other teachers, scholars, students, dharma organizations and academic institutions.
- Provide a scholarly presence at the center.
- Ph.D. or M.A. in Buddhist Studies or equivalent preferred.
- Engaged and experienced teacher with an openhearted approach to actively engaging with the teachings with curiosity and investigation.
- Strong grounding in the early Buddhist tradition and its evolution and history.
- A committed Buddhist practitioner with a deep understanding of the transformational potential of integrating study and practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment where all members of the team work together to share ideas and strengths.
- Enthusiastic communicator both verbal and written.
- Comfortable with and interested in exploring new technologies.
Please send a cover letter and resume to BCBSjobs@dharma.org.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Position can begin as early as July 2015.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and includes excellent benefits.
BCBS is an equal opportunity employer & we value workforce diversity.