Digital Communications and Systems Specialist
Barre Center for Buddhist Studies (BCBS), a not-for-profit study and practice center founded in 1991 in Barre, Massachusetts, is seeking an energetic, multi-talented, tech savvy, communications specialist to help us integrate our digital systems to effectively support our highly regarded onsite and online Buddhist studies programming.
The Digital Communications and Systems Specialist reports to the Executive Director and plays a key role in two interrelated aspects of our organization: coordinating our digital communications efforts and developing and optimizing the online systems to support our growing program of courses.
- Develop effective communications and content strategies to inspire and support our existing student base as well as engage new audiences
- Employ social media strategy that uses existing BCBS content as well as support production of new content
- Produce copy and designs for banner ads, promotional emails, and fundraising efforts
- Maintain the BCBS website and work with external web developer when necessary
- Work closely with Director of Online Education to develop new programs and platforms
- Integrate and optimize online application and registration processes for classes
- Manage in-house computer systems and AV equipment including outside vendors
- Monitor annual technology budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media
- Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Experience with most of the following software and platforms: SalesForce for Nonprofits, WordPress, HTML, Google Analytics & AdWords, Adobe Creative Suite, Campaign Monitor, SurveyMonkey, etc.
- Interest in Buddhist study and practice strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, generous paid vacation and holidays, 401k plan, partial board, access to IMS and BCBS retreats and programs as well as the staff sangha program.
BCBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.